[Thisday] The management of Air Nigeria Tuesday refuted the negative stories and false information being circulated by the dismissed finance director of the airline, John Nnorom.
The airline, in a statement made available to journalists, advised the public to disregard the publication, either in the print, electronic or online media.
The statement explained that Nnorom was currently facing charges for allegedly stealing $100,000.
The statement reads: “The management of Air Nigeria wishes to draw the attention of the general public to the false and negative stories being spread by one of its ex-Finance Directors, John Nnorom, who is currently facing criminal charges of stealing and conversion.
“Mr. Nnorom is an illiterate in the maintenance of aircraft as he only worked in the finance department of the airline before he was dismissed. Mr. Nnorom after his dismissal was declared wanted by the police until his subsequent arrest and the recovery of the sum of $100, 000 from him.
“The Nigeria Police authority has since charged him for stealing and criminal conversion while the court has admitted him to bail as his criminal trial continues. The general public is advised to disregard any such negative stories and false information by Nnorom (either in the print, electronic or online media).
“Air Nigeria has been flying the air space in the last 10 years with first class record of safety, without any accidents or even emergency landings. This record remains the integrity of our existence which cannot be compromised. The airline is also a proud member of the IATA and the oldest member in West Africa and one of the oldest in Africa,” the statement noted.
- Air Nigeria aircraft arrives for inaugural Lagos – London flight (transformationwatch.com)
- Air Nigeria recovers $75,000 from ex-Executive Director (vanguardngr.com)
- “Flying Air Nigeria is an accident waiting to happen,” Ex-Director Warns (thenigerianoracle.com)
- Jimoh Ibrahim Has Turned Air Nigeria To A “Flying Coffin” ….Ex-Director Reveals Why It’s Plane May Crash Soon! (naijapen.wordpress.com)
- Air Nigeria debunks report on airworthiness (vanguardngr.com)
- Irregularities in Dana Airlines Registration – The Will (thenigerianoracle.com)
- Nigeria suspends Dana Air’s operational licence (aviationnigeria.wordpress.com)